The Strawberry season is typically mid-May to mid-June, depending on the weather. Pre-picked quarts of strawberries are available daily, Monday – Saturday. Pick-You-Own (PYO) strawberries are available during the 3+ weeks at the height of the season (usually about May 28 – June 18).
For your convenience we have a portable toilet and hand-washing station.
The 2022 Strawberry Season starts May 23. During the first week, the Stand will have pre-picked berries Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, starting at 10:00am, until sold out. More hours, days, and PYO will be added as supply increases. (It depends largely on the weather!)
The Stand offers fresh picked berries at $7 per quart box, Monday through Saturday, 9am – 7pm (5pm on Sat.), or until sold out. (During the early and late parts of the season, supplies are limited and open hours may vary. ) We store the picked strawberries in coolers, to retain the sweetest morning-flavor of the berries. So, you will not see our berries sitting out on a table in the heat, or in the sun. Instead, open the lid of the cooler and savor the sweet berry-flavor that wafts out to entice your senses.
Please pre-order larger quantities of pre-picked berries. (Call 610-593-5656 and leave message with name, phone#, date & time of pick up, and #quarts.) During the height of the season, discounts may be offered for “flats” of #1 strawberries (8qt per flat). Jam Berries (#2s) and Day-old berries are daily sold at a reduced price, while supplies last.
The PYO patch opens at 9:30am. The price of PYO berries is calculated by the container. Customers must use the pre-paid containers purchased at our farm. A 4qt tray is $20, or a 8qt tray is $35.
Pick-Your-Own (PYO) Hints and Guidelines
- Pick in coolest parts of the day. The berries are the sweetest when they are cooler when picked, therefore pick in the morning or evening, whenever possible. If it’s hot enough for people to wilt, then strawberry flavor wilts too. 9:30am-11am & 4pm-7pm are best.
- Wash your hands at the provided area. Food safety laws require hand-washing before entering the PYO patch. We also suggest you wash your hands when leaving the patch to remove the dust from the field.
- Pick totally red berries. Berries are the sweetest when the entire berry is red, without white tips. Did you know that berries don’t continue to redden once picked?
- Pick ALL red berries. Did you know that red berries do not grow any larger? So pick all sizes of red berries. Small berries are yummy too.
- Hold the green. Place your fingers on the green cap or stem when picking a berry. With a pinch of the stem or a quick snap just above the cap, the berry should fall into your open palm. Red fingers = squished berries.
- Supervised children are welcomed, pets are not. Food safety laws do not allow pets in the PYO patch. Children can have a lot of fun picking berries, but guidance is needed. There is a playground area close to the patch, when they tire of picking.
- Are the berries ok to eat immediately? Though the berries are safe to eat right out of the patch, we highly suggest they be rinsed first to remove the dust from the field. We expect you pay for all berries you pick, so please check-out first.
- According to USDA Food Safety Laws, you cannot enter the PYO patch if you are sick, or feeling like you may become sick. You must wear clean shoes and not bring any contaminates into the picking area.
- Costumers MUST use containers purchased from our farm.
- Costumers may reuse containers previously purchased from our farm.
- Costumers may NOT use containers from home.
- Unfortunately, we cannot recycle/reuse used strawberry boxes, due to Food Safety laws. (Please don’t return them to us.)